Sunday 15 November 2015

Show and Tell–Log Cabin

What a horrible weekend, yes?

You don’t need me to dwell on it, there’s enough of it on the internet.  I’ve not been watching TV, I’ve not been surfing the net, I’ve been doing what we all do best in times of strife and stress – sewing, sewing, sewing.  There is nothing like the repetitive pushing through of log cabin blocks when your brain won’t shut down.  I’ve made hundreds of blocks over the past week, but yesterday I just sewed all day.

I don’t have them to show you yet, but I photographed this last week.  You may have seen it before, but this is the finished top.

IMG_7531

IMG_7533

IMG_7534

IMG_7535

IMG_7536

IMG_7537

IMG_7538

IMG_7539

Made this years and years ago, all it needed was a little bit of touching up. I’ve now done a label, pressed it really well and it shall go back to the depths of the linen cupboard where it once lay.

Keep smiling, everyone.  Chins up.

Suzie

4 comments:

  1. I've been cutting scraps for the same reason. Thank goodness for the soothing power of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And my Ipod is getting a flogging too. Music and sewing. Movies and sewing. Podcasts and sewing. xxx

      Delete
  2. That is just too beautiful to put in a cupboard. I hope it will grace a bed somewhere soon. You are right about the horror of the weekend, my heart goes out to the French people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carole. I'll finish it properly 'one of these days'. xx

      Delete