Monday 28 September 2015

2015 Mystery Quilt Part Three

******

28th October Update:

Okay guys, I’ve found the error.

It’s in step three.  I’ve reversed the colours used.  You’re supposed to have flying geese with yellow wings and a blue base, not the other way around.

I’m genuinely sorry for the error.  I don’t know how it slipped through.  I know it means you have a whole swag of flying geese in the wrong colour left over. Again, I’m so sorry.  I hope you can use them on the back, or perhaps in another project.  I’ve now updated all the instructions so hopefully the only ones you will need to reprint are the ones from Step Three.

******

 

How’d you go with parts one and two? Ready for a bit more sewing?

From blue fabrics, cut (196) 4 ½” x 2 ½” rectangles.

From yellow fabrics, cut (392) 2 ½” squares.

Make 196 flying geese using the following method:

image

Draw a light pencil line across the wrong side of the yellow fabric.

Lay over blue rectangle, right sides together.

image

Stitch on pencil line, and cut away excess. Fold back and press.

image

Repeat with another yellow square.

image

Trim and fold back, pressing into place.

image

When complete this unit should measure 2 ½” x 4 ½”.

Place in a ziplock bag and mark as Unit C. You should have 196 of these units.

image

Unit C – Make 196

That’s it!  See you next week!

2 comments:

  1. OK, I don't want to sound brain dead or anything, but this means I have to make another 196 geese?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why can't I open the PDF file? On any of the clues?

    ReplyDelete