Thursday 18 June 2015

Picture Free Post

Hi everyone.

Thanks so much for your lovely comments on the barnyard quilt.  I’ve decided to not be lazy and to stitch the extra borders on to the quilt – it was my original plan and I tend to ditch the final borders of my quilts out of sheer laziness.  It’s a habit I recognise in myself and so I’m not doing that this time.

I’ve had a few questions regarding where I got the pattern from – it was a quilt along by this lady here:

http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/the-quilty-barn-along-tutorial.html

She did make mention of taking it down at some point so I would suggest saving a copy of the instructions if you do want to make it.  You need to make your own six inch block for the barn wall but that’s not at all difficult, and there are eleventy million out there on the internet to use if you need help.

I’ve got a housework day today planned (oh my gosh, the state of the children’s rooms…….) but hopefully after lunch I shall be able to throw in a little stitching that I may be able to show you.

Till then, happy quilting!

 

2 comments:

  1. I think you'll be happier with a border on that quilt. I need to take a day for housework, but we've got company coming in a couple of weeks, so I'll just wait until closer to their arrival and stitch in the meantime. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just need to know how to get a website started. I want to make a fan site for a new band. I know that I have to pay for a domain, but I’m confused about how to purchase & build a website. Help please? Thanks in advance! (:. Thanks everyone! (:
    obat kuat
    obat kuat semarang

    ReplyDelete