Monday 3 February 2014

Goodnight Irene Continued

The wheels have fallen somewhat off of the wagon with blogging and quilting, due to visits by family and ninth birthday parties for young daughters, but I did have some time to slink away and sew.

141

142

143

144

Only the first row is pieced together, and I still need one more block to make it the length I need.  I also will be piecing a joined row of squares outside the outer edge as a border, hopefully that should frame it all nicely.  I have been trimming, pressing, stitching for hours now – trimming up half square triangles is a boring job really.

But the quilt itself is coming along.  And as I said, most of these offcuts were destined for the rubbish bin before I decided to do this quilt so that’s got to count for something!

I’d like to thank all my new followers for coming onboard – I hope to visit all your blogs and have already scheduled tomorrow in as a blog and sewing day (rather than boring old housework).  I’m so enjoying the Grow Your Blog party!

Till tomorrow,

Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment