Friday 3 January 2014

More show and tell - Yellow and Black Roses

I'm still trying to deal with the detritus that is Summer holidays, so I thought I'd show you another oldie but goodie.
IMG_2259

This was a range of fabrics we offered for sale in the store, and she also made a range of patterns to show off her lovely fabrics.  This design is one of hers.  Of course, I haven't a clue what her name is.

IMG_2260

Do you find black works for you in quilting, or against you?  We used to find that people were scared of black in quilts, unless it was Amish.  But black works again and again in every day quilting.  It's a colour I am challenging myself to use more of, because I've yet to see a black quilt that doesn't look amazing.

IMG_2261

This is only a small quilt, too small to be a lap quilt really.  It's one of those 'What will I do with these when I am old?' quilts.  That will be my daughters' problem, really.  Hopefully I'll live to be 104 and have so many quilts they won't know where to look.  But it'll mean I had a long, healthy, happy life that I spent doing something I love.

IMG_2262

It's been hot and muggy here in my little corner of the world.  It's one of those days that you know will end up in a summer thunderstorm.  Still and quiet, and even the birds aren't saying much.  Summer storms here are very unpredictable.  One year we had 100 mls of rain in a 12 hour period.  Our annual rainfall is 200 mls of rain.  It was amazing and I enjoyed every minute of it, even the cleaning up afterwards.

Hope your day is quilty,

Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment