Sunday 19 January 2014

And sew it goes

Haha.  Little pun there.

I sewed a little today!

001

004

002

I showed you this block a long, long time ago.  I stitched a lot of the individual units, half square triangles, four patches etc and in usual Suzie form put it away and never went back.  I’m jumping all over the place with my sewing right now, I can’t seem to settle on anything.  So today – I picked this one up.  I stitched a few of the units together and it seems to look okay.

I know the fabrics are replicated quite a lot in my blocks, but they mostly aren’t sewn together into one big unit just yet.  I just laid them out so I could show you.  My problem is going to be the finished size, I’ll have enough fabric for sixteen blocks (four rows of four), and that won’t be really big enough.  I do have enough background fabric to make as big as I like, so I may have to raid the stash and make a five by five quilt instead. 

We’ll see.

I didn’t love the first block, but as I put more together I think it’ll really grow on me.

Till tomorrow,

Suzie

11 comments:

  1. I`m doing this pattern too.Your blocks are beeautiful and love your fabrics combo.Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes a block needs some mates to make it comes to life - this is going to look great, I thik your scrpas looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this block and your colors are so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colours! Are you making the X blocks with 2.5 inch squares and HSTs? It looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fun sew along...I look forward to following your progress.

    Your fabric choices are working well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for all your comments.

    I wasn't making the X block and 16 patches, I had interpreted the block totally differently and made it much harder on myself. Then I started to do it Terry's way and got in such a muddle as half was done one way, half my way so I gave up and will just do it mine from now on.

    Nothing like making life hard on yourself!

    Thanks again everyone for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are very pretty. Love those colors. I'm also deciding on the size of my quilt at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Either way it is going to be very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm doing this pattern, too. Your blocks are looking good to me. Will be fun watching it come together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much everyone. I've come to a grinding halt with it...felt the need to work on Pastels for a while.

    Regards

    Suzie

    ReplyDelete