Thursday 20 September 2012

Oh, Hi There….Remember Me?

Yeah, I know.  I disappeared again. 

No apologies to give you – just to say that as soon as they invent a day with 48 hours in it, I’ll be so much more organised.

Want to see what I’ve been doing?

A few weeks ago, I decided I had Too. Much. Fabric and thought I would make a one colour quilt.  I decided red would be that colour.

I fiddled around and come up with this.  It’s kinda based on one of Bonnie Hunter’s, but a little different.

blog one

I did mess about beforehand with Electric Quilt (such a clever programme). 

I added a few more blocks.

blog two

I added a sashing row in between them, this photo only shows it pinned but once it was all put together, it turned out like this:

blog three

The light is a little better in that photo also.  So, the whole finished quilt now looks like this!

blog four

It’s cropped but it still shows the whole quilt.  It’s been hanging on my quilt wall for a week or so now and various visitors have all looked at it and commented.  The general consensus now is that I’ll put a wide cream border on the outside, and then send it off to the quilters recommending she heavily quilt the outside with feathers or something.  Then when it comes back, I’ll bind it in red.

I find this stage the most frustrating.  Do I just finish it like this, because truth be told by this stage of a quilt’s life, I’m over it.  Or do I go that extra step and put a border on it, knowing that a fancy border can really make the quilt? Many times I’ve put a quilt away at this stage, only to get it back out later and whack a border on it when I have a little more patience.

That’s all I’ve got to show you today.  I’ve been clicking away on my little camera, so hopefully there won’t be such a long break between posts.

Till tomorrow,

Suzie

p.s. – the box of reds I was trying to get rid of?  Doesn’t even look like I’ve made a dent in it.  I have too much fabric. 

No comments:

Post a Comment