Sunday 29 July 2012

Civil War Quilt–Log Cabin

Civil War Quilt Log Cabin

I’m not sure why Barbara Brackman chose to make 8” blocks for her sampler quilt.  I find 8” is quite a difficult block to work with.  This one came together well enough, but I think the maths is so much easier on different sized blocks. 

It rained it’s head off last night.  Each time it rains, we lose our (very expensive) driveway off down the street, so biggest daughter and I spent ages shovelling it back up.  I’m not complaining one bit about the rain – given our very measly annual rate of rainfall it would be churlish of me to do so! 

But I’d love a nice, soft rain that lasts all day, rather than 20ml in ten minutes like last night.  Still, beggars can’t be choosers, I guess.

Till tomorrow

Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment