Tuesday 22 May 2012

The Weekly Checklist

Part of my trying to get in order around the house/craft room is my weekly checklist.

I have a number of things that I must do daily, or else they will get away from me.  There are a number of other projects that I try to work on weekly. 

I know myself well enough by now to know that I can’t give myself too many daily jobs – they just don’t get done and I end up being deflated.  I’ve listed them into weekly jobs, that seems to be more successful for me.

It doesn’t matter what day I do them on, but hopefully by the end of the week, all of my jobs will have a big fat red line through them.  I’m trying to make myself accountable.

The current weekly checklist is:

  • One Dear Jane block
  • One Farmer’s Wife Sampler block
  • One 25 Patch block
  • One 9 Patch block
  • One Civil War Diary block
  • One Barbara Brackman block
  • One crocheted block a day
  • One Joseph’s Coat block
  • One blog post a day
  • One written personal diary entry a day

I’ve printed them up onto a checklist that hangs square in the middle of my work wall.  I see it every time I go into my room.  So far, so good. 

  • One Dear Jane block
  • One Farmer’s Wife Sampler block
  • One 25 Patch block
  • One 9 Patch block
  • One Civil War Diary block
  • One Barbara Brackman block
  • One crocheted block a day
  • One Joseph’s Coat block
  • One Pineapple block
  • One blog post a day
  • One written personal diary entry a day

So far, so good!  I know it seems like a big list, but these are all UFO’s to be done.  I find if I work on one, I tend to work on it till I finish it anyway, despite all the work I make myself do on the rest of the checklist.  It’s a fluid thing, I change it all the time and take things off, add things on.

None of it is set in stone, except the personal diary entry a day.  Been doing that for years now, and I find if I don’t write every day, whole weeks or months go past. 

I’m also trying to get into the daily exercise thing which is so far not going so well.  But if I add that to my check list, maybe it will.  Habit forming, and all that.

Till tomorrow,

Suzie

1 comment:

  1. That is a very reasonable looking list. And you are already doing well. As far as exercise, I go for a 20-30 minute walk at 6:30am. It is the only time I can fit it in consistently. Pick a time and make it work.

    ReplyDelete