Thursday 8 March 2012

Thursday

Oh dear, I have been a lost blogger. 

Some days I have a million idea for posts swirling around in my head.  Some days, there is nothing.  Crickets.

There is nothing more daunting than an empty post page. 

I guess bloggers block is every bit as frustrating as quilters block.  And lordy lord knows, I’ve had more than my fair share of that.  They tend to come at the same time, which would make sense.  Some days I feel as if I can create the next first prize quilt, some days stringing two words together is harder than it sounds.

I’ve a few ideas up my sleeve to make me blog more regularly – the most obvious (to me at least) is to write the million ideas down when they happen and use them when I am lost for words.  I’ve purchased a diary, I’ve written down lots of little notes and we shall see where we go from here, shall we?

100_1689

In the meantime, I’ve been sewing at least one block a day, the idea of which I got from this blog.  Some days I find it very hard to get any sewing at all done, and I tend to get overwhelmed with life quite easily.  So if I do one block a day, this quilt above will be finished in seven days.  I can do that. 

That’s the logic behind it.  And so far so good. 

100_1687-1

I’ve finished crocheting the blanket I was doing for my night time work (am I the only person who has a day time project and a night time one?) so I picked up this, which is part of my 2012 UFO challenge.  The lighting isn’t fabulous but I’ve been handquilting this little treasure and in time I’ll frame it.  Then stick it on a wall someplace and bob’s your uncle.

The UFO challenge is doing very well, actually.  I’ve finished two of my twelve, and if I can finish the third one this month, I’ll be on track to have all twelve done by the end of the year.  Yay me!   One day, when I’m old, I’ll have all my UFO’s finished.  One day.

Yeah.

Crickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment