Friday 24 February 2012

A little bit of crochet

Hi!

It’s been another one of those weeks – you know the ones, where time in the sewing room is like spun gold or hen’s teeth and you just wish the world would stop spinning for ten minutes?

But I managed to figure out some crochet and I’m pretty darn proud of myself.

Hexagon Crochet One

It’s not showing the colours real well and I’m needing to do some figuring out of the corners, but it’s a pattern I worked out ALL BY MYSELF!  From a picture!  With no one telling me how it’s done!

I love to crochet, but my skill level is not the best – but I’m pretty proud of that little hexagon.

Now to do about 100 more and I’ll have enough for a blanket!

When I’m feeling all crochety (crochet-y, not cranky!) one place I always end up going to is here with Lucy at Attic 24.  I love her crochet, I love her colour sense and I love her clever photography.  I am forever aiming higher with my blog, and hers is one of the ones I aspire to be like.

You know how you start at one blog and then she has some favourite blogs and so you check them out, and before you know it you’ve discovered a whole new world out there and you’ve been on the computer too long?  That happens when I visit Lucy.  I thought I was one of the few young ones (well, 40’ish) that liked crochet.  I was very wrong there!  There is a whole massive group of them out there.

That’s what I love about the internet.  I doubt I know any ‘real life’ people my age who crochet.  I know there are hundreds online.  All with lovely blogs, all with creative juices flowing.  All make me aspire to be a better crafter, better blogger, better photographer. 

They all make me learn, I guess.  And you’re never too old to learn!

Till another day,

Suzie

2 comments:

  1. you are very good n professional in crochet ...

    i wish i can be as good as you ,,,

    i saw this same hexagon flower and i was searching how to do it ,,,

    so please could u help me ..
    could you only write down how u did that ,,,
    only the number of the stitches please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there
    Thanks so much for your comments.
    This was a free pattern online, but it's not mine to share. I shall look up the link and post it online for you as soon as I have more than two minutes :)
    Thanks again
    Suzie

    ReplyDelete