Saturday 3 December 2011

My Saturday Update

I've got a few minutes in between shopping for groceries and taking the two little people to a birthday party (high tea at a rose garden for a six year old's party - even I'M excited!!) so I thought I'd pop in and say hi.

Hi!

The concert was AWESOME!  Loud, totally over the top and I knew every word of every song.  I went out for tea with my husband before hand and had TWO glasses of wine, so I felt very much like singing when I went in.

(I don't get out much these days)

This was the band, for those of you who live in Australia www.coldchisel.com - and they were fabulous.  There were lots of old rockers there, bald heads, big tattoos.  I didn't really fit in, being tattoo-less, but it didn't matter.

I have had some grief - I had to have a tooth removed and now it's infected and the dentist says the only thing that will fix it is time...gee whiz, labour didn't hurt as much as this.  I've been a bit spacey this week, as I've been given pain killers that make me feel all sorts of tired and they only half work so it's not been the best of weeks health wise.  I'm very blessed that the biggest thing I have to complain about with my health is a very sore tooth.  My girls are following me around, apologising ALL the time because Mummy is so crabby - which makes me feel even worse.  They've got that guilt thing down pat, I tell you.

I've been stitching my Orca bay squares for a few days now, and have made about half.  I've done all the black/white hourglass blocks, and am yet to start on the 29573 half square triangles she wants us to do this time.  The half square triangles of the last quilt darn near killed me - I think I am a sucker for punishment.

And that's it for my update today.  I don't have any pictures to show you, but I'll aim for that tomorrow. 

Hope your Saturday is doing well, and I'll see you soon!

Suzie

3 comments:

  1. What is it about tooth aches that make them so much worse than other aches and pains?! Maybe it is because the source of the pain is closer to the brain--not so much interference along the nerve pathways so the signal comes in loud and clear....Be well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Barb. I'm trying not to be a martyr with it all, I'm dosing myself up well with pain killers and each day is better, but ever so slightly. I can totally see how they died of toothache in the middle ages!

    Thanks again,

    Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ow. Tooth pain is the worst! I'm hoping for a super speedy end to your pain.

    ReplyDelete