Thursday 22 December 2011

Merry Christmas!

Well, not quite but I'm sure I won't be able to pop in before our Christmas day, so whilst I have a few free minutes, I thought I'd get in first!

There are no pictures to show you, nothing that I've been working on except an ever growing pile of presents wrapped and hidden.  We don't put our pressies out until Christmas Eve - even those that aren't for the children.  I can't forget going to sleep Christmas Eve with nothing under the tree, and then waking up to an explosion of presents.  It was magical and I want my girls to feel that too.

But I'm pooped, I tell you.  I don't think we truly appreciate how much work our mothers did during these times until we become one ourselves!  It doesn't help that the three year old has a dreadful chest cold and her cough wakes her up in the middle of the night, and scares her, and getting her back to sleep is a real challenge. 

I plan to post between Christmas and New Years', with my resolutions for 2012, bloggy ones, family ones, and crafty ones.   Time can only tell if I will achieve any of them this year. 

I did manage one resolution this year - start a blog, maintain it, see where it takes me.  I'm so thrilled that I've made such lovely friends through the internet, and I'm hoping that next year will be bigger and better in that way.  You've no idea the pleasure it gives me, this little blog.  Please hang around next year too!

So until then, please have the very best Christmas - eat too much, drink a little too much wine, have a nanna nap in the afternoon and have a wonderful, wonderful day!

All the best,

Suzie

5 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more regarding the joy blogging has brought this year - the friends and the encouragement! Isn't it wonderful! I hope you have a lovely Christmas and New Year. Enjoy the break and see you in 2012

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you too! This was my first year blogging also. I've enjoyed meeting you and so many other bloggers. I'm going to take your advice and drink a tad too much wine, eat a bit too much and have lots of naps! I look forward to the new year and following your quilting adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Suzie.

    I hope Miss 3 feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful works...
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. thanks for the loveley Bom.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete