Sunday 7 August 2011

Sunday Funday

So today my DH (and I mean dear in the best sense of the word) took my two little people out for five (yes, FIVE!!) hours.  I love that man.  I sewed and cleaned and watched what I wanted to watch on television.  It was bliss.

I fished out this UFO:

I've a few other half appliqued blocks to add to it, and a few squares to cut out, and then hopefully soon I'll be able to cross that off my list also.  It was a block that was leftover from another quilt (it didn't really work where I wanted to put it) so I made more blocks to make a bigger quilt.  I could have just put this on the back of something but I tend to start new projects with leftover old ones.  I suppose that's part of my UFO problem.  Not knowing when to stop.

Anyhoo...

I had a productive day - I stitched a few folder covers and diary covers for a trading table our quilting group is holding, and I finished my paper bag challenge, which had a deadline of next month, so I'm doing well!  The covers looked very boring in the photos, so I won't show them off.  I couldn't find a tutorial online that covered exactly what I wanted to do, so I made them my own way and I'm actually quite pleased with them. 

So all in all, I'm feeling refreshed, accomplished, and I'm ready to hit Monday morning running!

Till tomorrow,

Suzie


No comments:

Post a Comment