Thursday 14 July 2011

Brass Monkey

The last few days have been brass monkey weather.  Don't know what I mean?  I won't be indelicate enough to explain in detail but please feel free to google it.

So because it's so cold, my two little monsters and I have barely been outside.  I've been a horrid mother and let them watch too much television.  I do feel such guilt about that.  I've tried to entertain them but it's day five of the school holidays and I'm running out of ideas.  There's only so many biscuits one family can make.

As part of my sewing day on Saturday I took a few different projects from the one or two (hundred) that I have started in case I got bored with one.  I took this little piece and finished the hand quilting and then framed it on Sunday.  It only took one evening to hand quilt it, and I feel silly that I didn't start it sooner.  So many jobs on my list are small, I don't know why I just don't finish them when I start. 

Anyway.  Hope you like it.  It's from a Lori Smith pattern.  Lori Smith is definitely my favourite designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment