Monday 28 August 2017

What I’m working on

It’s been very cold here still, with no rain.  And whilst it’s freezing (14) today, it’s meant to be 30 on Sunday. 

The weather just needs to calm down, I think.

I’ve been lucky enough to secure some Eye Spy fabrics and found a really nice picture online (no, sorry – I can’t find the source of the picture to give credit so I won’t post it) of a quilt I might like to make.  So you know me, so many UFO’s in process – let’s add another!

Photo 17-8-17, 3 26 33 pm (1)

Each block has one tricky seam that you need to stop and fold and resew (clear as mud, I know!) but once I got into the knack of it, it was surprisingly quick to sew enough blocks for a whole quilt.

Photo 17-8-17, 3 26 39 pm

I’m almost done with is, so hopefully in a day or two I’ll be able to show you the finished item!  Yay me!

Photo 17-8-17, 3 26 52 pm

2 comments:

  1. What is the name of this block?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, sorry I don't know the name of the block. It's just a 2.5" square in the middle, surrounded by 2.5" strips.

      Delete