Monday 6 February 2017

double four patch–another flimsy finished

IMG_8651

IMG_8652

IMG_8653

IMG_8654

IMG_8655

I’d made a scrap quilt some time ago from purples and greens, and whilst cleaning up I found many, many four patches.

What to do with these leftovers?  I ended up going simple – just alternated them with some larger blocks of matching colour and it’s ended up being quite a nice little lap quilt.

So many flimsies. 

What to do with all of them?

I’ll not worry about that yet.  I’m getting them all to a flimsy stage and then I can start on the quilting.  Systematically crossing things off the UFO list is a very satisfying feeling, and I’ve very nearly caught up on the sewing machine jobs.  Then I have to move on to the hand work jobs, but that means sitting down in front of the TV during the day and feel so GUILTY sitting down during the day.

I’ll have to get over that, won’t I?

See you soon!

4 comments:

  1. That's pretty and soft. Nice top! Sitting in the day is hard, but my husband being retired has helped me with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Pam. My husband is working still, and I'm more than a little worried about when he retires! But I'll cross that bridge when he gets to it! Thanks again.

      Delete
  2. It is gorgeous - I love these something out of nothing (scrappy) projects! I can sit at my machine and sew away to my hearts content all day (well, if I get a chance!) but also feel very guilty about doing handsewing during the day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it ridiculous! I'd finish so many more UFO's if I just got over that guilty feeling. Who cares if I'm sitting at the machine sewing or sitting in the lounge handsewing! We do make life hard for our selves, don't we!

      Delete