Monday 5 October 2015

2015 Mystery Quilt Part Four

******

28th October Update:

Okay guys, I’ve found the error.

It’s in step three.  I’ve reversed the colours used.  You’re supposed to have flying geese with yellow wings and a blue base, not the other way around.

I’m genuinely sorry for the error.  I don’t know how it slipped through.  I know it means you have a whole swag of flying geese in the wrong colour left over. Again, I’m so sorry.  I hope you can use them on the back, or perhaps in another project.  I’ve now updated all the instructions so hopefully the only ones you will need to reprint are the ones from Step Three.

******

 

Hi everyone!  Next instalment is here!

There are four more to go. Hope you’re enjoying it!

xxx

This week we should be working with larger pieces of fabrics. Hopefully it should all go together quite quickly. Do you have any ideas yet as to how it will look?

From Background fabric, cut (84) 4 ½” x 8 ½” rectangles.

From Blue fabrics cut (336) 2 ½” squares.

Draw a light pencil line across the diagonal of the blue squares on the wrong side.

clip_image002

Lay this over a white rectangle right sides together and stitch on line. Flip block back and press in place.

clip_image004

clip_image006
Repeat with remaining four sides.

clip_image008

clip_image010

clip_image012

clip_image013

Place in a ziplock bag marked Unit D. You should have 84 of these units.

That’s it!  See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment