Wednesday 12 August 2015

My Blue Heaven, finished, kinda…

I mentioned some time ago that I was working on Quiltville’s My Blue Heaven.  I really wasn’t happy with my choice of colours, and I showed various layouts that I was going to try.  None of them really worked, and I decided that I wasn’t going to waste any more time on it, so I stitched them together into two separate quilts.

This is the first one. 

IMG_7276

Dull. Boring. Waste Of My Time.

IMG_7273

I’m not sure why it didn’t work.  All those hours in the making of the half square triangles and it just looks like a big blue blur.

IMG_7274

 

IMG_7275

Anywhoooo, I’ve got the other blocks sitting in my sewing room and they look much nicer all stitched together, so I’ve decided to use this bit as the backing, and the starry blocks as the front, and I shall have made my very first reversable quilt!

Score!

As I said, I’m not sure why it flopped.  I’m pretty sure though that it might be that my creams are not so rich as I would have like, they seem a little cold. 

But it’s done, and soon the front will be done and that’s two quilts for the price of one!

Have a lovely day.

Suzie

3 comments:

  1. I saw a baby quilt someone pinned on Pinterest, and it said it was found on your site. A baby quilt of 9 animals with patches sewn on them and crazy color "hair". I was searching for the pattern can you help? Thank You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aasha, the pattern is called Jungle Animals and the seller is an Australian company called www.thecraftcubby.com.au. The pattern's direct link is http://www.craftcubby.com.au/jungle_patches

      Delete
  2. Wow! what a lovely post.I like It.Keep sharing with us.
    yahoo helpline

    ReplyDelete