Monday 9 February 2015

Show And Tell

One of the best things about having little girls is that you get to make them little girly quilts.

IMG_6181

I made this one a few years ago – probably about five or six (gosh that went fast!).  I took it down off the ten year old’s wall to photograph it and put a label on it, and she gently told me maybe it didn’t need to go back anymore.  She is, after all, ten years old.  She would rather posters.  Of Boy Bands.  Like One Direction (shudder…….)

She still has two more quilts on her walls and I figure if I don’t take those ones down she probably will let me keep them there.  I am V. devious that way.

IMG_6173

IMG_6174

IMG_6175

IMG_6176

IMG_6177

IMG_6178

IMG_6179

IMG_6180

IMG_6181

It is such a pretty quilt, this one.  I’m sure I’ve shown you before, but this is all part of my labelling/photographing/recording my quilt journey, and I especially couldn’t miss out on labelling this one.

I keep telling my husband we should have another baby so I can make more baby quilts, but as my girls keep telling me ‘You are too old, Mum!’.

Ah well.  Wishful thinking, I guess.

Till tomorrow

Suzie

7 comments:

  1. It's such a pretty quilt! Be patient ... eventually there will be grandbabies to make quilts for. In the meantime, even big girls need quilts ... just not too girly. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet little quilt! Definitely a keeper for future grandbabies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so - though my babies are only just ten and six, so I (better!!) have years to worry about that yet.

      Delete
  3. Such a sweet little quilt! Definitely a keeper for future grandbabies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I surely have a few, I mean lots of quilts that need labels, and recording. What a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's something I'm trying to be disciplined about - then I will tackle the photos and put names on the backs of them. Hopefully!

      Delete