Wednesday 4 February 2015

My Blue Heaven...no longer

I've been sewing the My Blùe Heaven blocks and it has been looking very lovely.  But the stars weren't popping.  They weren't standing out enough.

We had our sewing group meet here last night and we were rearranging the blocks just for fun, and then this happened:


And I really liked it.  More than I like the two block version of My Blue Heaven.  Which is a bit of a thing really because that means I'll have to make twice as many star blocks and I won't use the other blocks.

They are sitting very patiently waiting for me to decide what to do.


They look lovely also though I'm thinking I should interspace them with something.  But I don't know.

I do this all the time, the quilts go where they want to go which is why I have so many of the stupid things.  I started making one quilt which has overnight divided into two.  I don't learn!

Hope you got to sew today.

Till tomorrow,

Suzie

4 comments:

  1. I liked your Blue Heaven ... but I also like the two quilts you made from the one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your blue Heaven with the blocks together, is gives it that secondary design, what if you were to add a sashing with a cornerstone between all the blocks which would separate them a bit, and then you might see the stars better??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jude,

      Thanks for the suggestion - I'm playing around a lot lately with different settings so we'll see what can be done :)

      Delete