Wednesday 11 June 2014

More show and tell

014

I’m not sure that I’ve shown you this flimsy before.  This is an oldie but a goodie, and surprise, surprise – it’s in the thirties prints!

016

Amazingly easy, this quilt.  A simple nine patch, then matching triangles on the outer edges, sashed together with cream and thirties prints.  I loved this little one. 

019

One of these days, I will have to count up how many thirties quilts I have done.  I adore them.  I love their bright, happy colours and they way they cheer the sewing room up when I’m working on them.

020

I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of making them.  My only problem is that I’ve made most of the ‘traditional’ thirties patterns, I’ll have to expand a little.

021

What to do with all these quilt tops?  I asked my daughter if she liked it, and she said ‘yeah….I suppose – it’s just another quilt, right?’.  The cheek!  Though to be fair, she’s seen me plough through them one after the other, I think the whole importance of them has been diluted a bit because there are so darn many in our house. 

023

And she knows if it’s a dud quilt, which sometimes they are, well Mum will just make another one!

025

Between their mother, their two grandmothers and a very clever great grandmother, my children are swamped with handwork.  It touches every corner of our house.  I do feel great sadness for kids who have no access to handwork, or craftwork.  How sad for kids who only know store brought stuff!

026

Points are a little dodgy there on that block.  Such is life. 

(there’s a quick trivia question for you – who made famous the words ‘SUCH IS LIFE’?).

Happy quilting!

Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment