Thursday 1 May 2014

Hi...Remember me?


It seems all I do is disappear for months on end and then come crawling in, apologising for my absence.

It shouldn't be that way - but life gets in the way for all of us and things (like quiet quilting times) get pushed to the sides.  

I have my kids back at school now after school holidays and have decided to I will be a no-volunteer school mum this term, just to give myself a little bit of breathing space.   I figure I don't have to say yes to absolutely everything - it's okay to stand back and let someone else do it for a change.  Easy to say, harder to put into action.  I'm working on it.

So in the sewing stakes a lot has been happening - in typical I'm all over the place with my quilting but it's been good fun regardless. 

I had a box of left over Nancy Halvorsen fabrics that I've been playing with and I came up with this:



It's kinda based on Bonnie Hunter's Wonky Stars.  But longtime readers know that I don't do wonky very well, so I had to make it a bit more formal.


I'm thinking I'll do the side sashing thing like in the photo above - most of the pieces I have in the leftover box are already precut so the challenge is to try and do something pretty without recutting them.   We shall see how it looks.  It's using about a thimbleful of the swimming pool of fabric that I have in that particular scrap bag, but at least I'm trying!

Anyway, must go,  see you another day

Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment