Thursday 13 March 2014

Another Flimsy

I’ve been quiet lately on the blogging front but I have an excuse!

I’ve been quilting!

085

It’s a variation of the Slashed Square block – tutorial can be found over here at Patchery Menagerie.  I’ve made mine a variation of the original tutorial, my blocks are smaller and also I added the sashing. 

084

I might write up some instructions as to how I finished my quilt off if there is the interest – my quilting group seemed to like it.

086

The whole top only took me a long weekend – it is a remarkably quick quilt to make and I reckon the plains with the black work really, really well.

090

So there you go – that was how I spent my weekend!  Hope you like it!

Suzie

6 comments:

  1. Love all the solids! I'd like to make an all solid quilt one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, it's been ages since I made a solid quilt but I do love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome!! Thanks for the link to the tutorial :) This is spectacular in solids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! That's so kind of you to say. I was really happy with it.

      Delete
  4. Absolutely fabulous! It is a very exciting quilt and the black sashing combined with the cornerstones make it even more so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Karen. The colours in the first picture aren't as striking as in real life - I'm really pleased with it!

    ReplyDelete