Saturday 11 January 2014

Hi Lovely Readers

You may have been aware that I wasn’t online the last week – my posts were all scheduled.  I’ve been away with my little family and I’m not too keen on telling the world that our house is empty, please come and steal stuff, so I never actually said I was gone. 

I doubt it would have made much of a difference to the robbers anyway.

But we’re back, safe and sound.  We went to the very lovely location of Kangaroo Island, which is a small island off the coast of Adelaide.  It’s about three hours from here, but to take it you need to take a ferry, which is what we did.  It was one of those ‘first’ holidays for my girls – first ferry, first trip ‘overseas’, first time really swimming in the ocean.  My husband and I have both visited there, but not for forty years or so, and we were really pleased to go back. I took a small truckload of photos, which I’m going to show you over the next few days, because I think they are AWESOME and it’s my blog, so there.

But I need to sort them into some sort of order, so for now I’ll just show you a quick glimpse of what we saw….

003

018

023

032

138

153

295

500

452

464

That pretty much sums up about ten percent of our trip.  For a small island, and it’s really very small, there is so much wildlife, so much nature to see – it’s amazing.  There were a million foreign tourists there, speaking every language under the sun so the message to visit is obviously getting out there, but if you ever do visit South Australia, Kangaroo Island is so totally worth going to.  Summer only though – I don’t think winter would be much fun.  More than once we nearly got blown over by the wind.  It was fierce!

I’m starting the loads of sand crusted washing, I’ve restocked the fridge and picked up the cat from his holiday home, so hopefully I’ll have a little time tomorrow to post some more. 

Oh, by the way, if you’re reading this in America and you are freezing, please take care.  We have the opposite problem – a heat wave of over 40C for the next week is on the cards.  Thank god for airconditioning.

Till tomorrow,

Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment